10/21/2008

Who You (not) Gonna Call?

Apparently, there is a Ghostbusters 3 in the works, WTF?

Seth Rogen (The 40 Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up) has been rumored as part of the cast of the alleged upcoming sequel. But has anybody informed him? He doesn't seem to be hot on the idea of a third installment of what was once the highest-grossing comedic film of all time.

"It’s hard to imagine that would be good, isn’t it? I mean just as a movie fan I am the first guy to be skeptical of that. It sounds like a terrible idea when you first hear it. At first hearing it sounds like the worst idea ever. I dunno. Maybe. I mean, that would have to be one mutherfucking good script."

When asked if the involvement of Harold Ramis--who is said to be directing GB3 (as it will probably be called) and played his dad in Knocked Up--would push him towards accepting a part in the movie, Rogen answered "It all depends on how bad the script was. [laughs] There is a point where it’s so bad it’s really easy to say no. I have enough insulation around me now that I don’t have to say anything."

You know, the more we think about it, the more curious we've become...

The complete interview with Rogen is here.