5/16/2008

Dave Grohl’s Open Letter to his Open Letter to Metallica

Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to write a quick note to clear up this whole ‘Open letter to Metallica’ fiasco...For the record, I never 'wrote' anything to Metallica. I was asked by a journalist, at the end of a long interview (about the Foo Fighters) to give a quick message to Metallica in the studio. So, I rattled that quote off the top of my head. No biggie, right? Somehow it became my ‘open letter’ to the band, and now it's been picked up by everyone from
Blabbermouth to Rolling Stone (as if anyone really cares!). Now, it's true that I've been a loyal fan of this band for 25 years, and I can't wait to hear the new shit, but an ‘open letter’ to the band?!!?? Nah. Not my style. I'd rather just text 'em...

[posted May 12, 2008 on FooFighters.com]