12/07/2007

Quote of the Day

Fuck the labels man, they suck. The last thing they’re stripping down is their own expense accounts and shit. I mean, Jimmy Iovine [chairman] of Interscope Records takes a private jet or rides first class to tell a band they don’t get tour support. You know what I mean? Fuck that shit, I’m tired of it. And I’m not gonna be quiet because the American label, not Canada, not Europe, but our American label’s fucking us like crazy, so fuck them. Why should I not say anything, what am I afraid of? I’m not afraid of them…all I want to do is what we agreed upon. And I’m not even bitter, people say labels are evil, no. They’re just lame…the fact that this is just their job and this is my life, does a flip flop on them because they can’t stop me from being me and from playing, but they can lose their jobs and have to fucking work at Shakey’s pizza like they should’ve all along.

- Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme on antiquiet.com